Difference Between Digital and Offset
Digital printing hasn’t been around as long as offset. Our printer uses toner (looks like powder) instead of your regular household printer ink. The toner is transferred to a plastic sheet and then the image gets transferred onto paper. Afterwards, heat is used along with fuser oil to set the toner permanently onto the paper. Digital machines reduce set-up time, waste, and cost.
If you were to compare our digital prints to offset, there wouldn’t be too much of a difference since the quality is good on digital. Offset has been around since the 1800s and works by transferring ink onto a plate and this in turn goes onto a rubber sheet which will then be rolled onto paper. Offset is generally regarded as higher quality printing. Larger sheets are available for printing on offset and the process is quicker. Offset is a better option for larger amounts and specialty effects (like spot uv (shiny areas on a silk card), plastic and foil).
Our in-house printer (Xerox J75) has the ability to print on may paper types. Some brands we use are Hammermill, Unisource, International Paper and Neevah.
Some available weights:
- 20 lb Bond: This is our basic paper and is used frequently for booklets and everyday use
- 60 lb Uncoated text and gloss: This is a little thicker and regular paper and can be used for brochures, flyers
- 70 lb Uncoated: Good for brochures and flyers
- 70 lb Linen: Mostly used for letterheads and invitations
- 100 lb Cover: A thicker stock of paper that can be used on business cards, posters, postcards, invitations etc. Comes in gloss and matte (better to write on).
- 100 lb Text: This is lightweight and good for brochures, magazines, flyers. Comes in gloss and matte (better to write on).
- 12 pt C1S (coated on one side): thicker stock than the 100lb cover and good for business cards, postcards, invitation, etc.
- 14 pt C2S (coated on both sides): the thickest paper we have. Can be used for business cards, postcards, invitations, etc.
In-House Folding Services
- Tri Fold
- Bi Fold
- Gate Fold
- Double gatefold
- Z folds
- Parallel Fold
- Double Parallel Fold
In-House Bindery Services
- Hole Punching (8.5x11 size paper only)
- Wire Binding Single and double coil
- Lamination services (available in Mate or Gloss .3 mil -.5 mil – .10 mil)
- Saddle stitching
- Booklet making
- Perfect Bind or Book Bind
- Scoring or Line Scoring
- Number Sequencing
We offer 8.5x11, 11x17, 12x18, and 13x19 sizes.
Stop by our office and we will let you feel our paper.
For Any San Antonio Printing Need
Chile Media can provide you with a digital print of your design in-house. We can offer a sample print so you can see what the final product will look like. We specialize in business cards, postcards, custom prints and other traditional print items. Chile Media is able to print up to 1000 pieces on certain items. Please allow 3 to 5 business days to get your items printed.
Here is a small list of everything we can provide for you in our digital printer:
- Business cards
- Event tickets
- NCR forms
- Corporate reports
- Annual reports
- Bumper stickers
- CD covers
- CD inserts
- Door hangers
- Greeting cards
- Rack cards
- Sell sheets
- Table tents
Custom Print Jobs
Unlimited Customizability Options!
Chile Media provides advertising services for print, design and web marketing. We cater to local business owners and specialize in working one-on-one on molding their ideas, generating new ones and achieving a competitive edge in the marketplace. Chile Media is your source for San Antonio Printing. Our firm specialized in taking your creative or print ready files and bringing them to life.
Die Cut Printing
The most popular items we sell is a die cut print job with a special shape, from Salt Shakers and bottle caps to police badges and chilies, we’ve done a lot of die cut jobs for business cards and other unique print presentations.
Print is the last of the Mohicans when it comes to traditional media and having off the chain print pieces can definitely help your brand stand out. Feel free to fill out a sample request kit or come into our facility to see for yourself the things you can do with Custom die cutting services.
The process is simple, we will design your card including the particular shape you want to print. We then send the design off to the die maker and within 2-3 days we are ready to carve paper into creativity. Once the print portion of your project is ready, our bindery facility will match the die cut and the print job together and your custom cards are ready.
Custom work like this only takes about 5-7 days total turn time depending on the print type and complexity or simplicity of the die cut.
» Marketing 101
Join our list and stay tuned to our Chile Media marketing newsletter full of industry news, insights on making you more efficient at marketing and special offers and coupons on our popular products and services.
» Contact Info
Chile Media Company LLC
Art Institute Building
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
» Follow Us